John and Helen Ross began planting the Sherwood Estate vineyard in 1998, with 2ha of chambourcin. Subsequently, verdelho, chardonnay and cabernet franc were planted, with 8ha under vine. The vineyard is in the Macleay Valley, 15 mins west of Kempsey on the NSW North Coast, and is now owned by Bruce and Marina Compton. The property has a total of 43ha of undulating fertile soils, rich in limestone. The fully licensed restaurant caters for weddings and special functions as well as a la carte dining 7 days a week.
7 days 10-5
1187 Gowings Hill Road, Sherwood, NSW 2440
(02) 6566 9414