Halliday Wine Companion invites you to an exciting weekend of wine and golf from 14-16 May 2021 at one of the country’s most well regarded golf clubs, Barnbougle. The Tasmanian location boasts two of Australia’s top ten courses, Lost Farm and The Dunes, situated in and around the dramatic dunes of Anderson Bay.
Renowned for its untouched wilderness, pristine coastline, cool-climate wines and fresh local produce, Tasmania represents the perfect location for a weekend of fine wine and golf – and a bit of healthy competition, of course.
The dinner will take place perched atop a coastal dune in Barnbougle’s Lost Farm Restaurant, while we take you through four courses, paired with highly-rated wines.
There’s plenty on offer in idyllic coastal Tasmania for non-golfers, too. Plan a trip to one of the region’s award-winning cellar doors, including five-star Halliday-rated winery, Clover Hill. Sample a boutique spirit tasting, walk through the picturesque natural surrounds or wind-down with a wellness treatment at the renowned Barnbougle Spa.
The Halliday Barnbougle Cup welcomes players of any ability and all guests will have the opportunity to experience what Barnbougle has to offer, staying on site at Lost Farm Lodge. Tickets include two night’s accommodation, unique food and wine experiences and a Halliday welcome pack – including a copy of the 2021 Halliday Wine Companion book.
• Barnbougle check-in opens from 3:00pm.
• Join us for welcome drinks and a gourmet BBQ, salmon and oyster bar from 5:00pm.
• Barnbougle’s golf pro will introduce the tournament.
Saturday, 15 May:
• Start the day with a full cooked breakfast and continental buffet from 6:30am.
• Tee off at Lost Farm from 8:30am.
• Before dinner, take time to enjoy the beautiful surrounds of Barnbougle, play another round at Lost Farm or The Dunes, visit a local Halliday-rated winery, enjoy a boutique spirit tasting or take time out at Barnbougle’s Spa 180.
• Join us for drinks from 6:30pm, before settling in to enjoy an evening of great food and wine – including four courses complete with matched highly Halliday-rated wines and expert insights from Halliday’s Ned Goodwin, MW.
Sunday, 16 May:
• Fuel up for your second day on the course with breakfast from 7:00am (full cooked breakfast and continental buffet).
• Tee off at The Dunes from 9:00am.
• Join us for lunch and find out who’ll be crowned our inaugural Halliday Barnbougle Cup winner from 1:30-2:30pm.
• The Halliday event will conclude after trophy presentations, but make sure to extend your trip and enjoy more of what this beautiful state has to offer. Find out more about Tasmanian wine with our essential guide.
*Full itinerary to be provided prior to event.
• 2 x nights accommodation at Lost Farm Lodge
• 18 holes on Lost Farm – or 60 minute Taster Treatment at Barnbougle's Spa 180
• 18 holes on The Dunes – or 60 minute Relaxation Treatment at Barnbougle's Spa 180
• Casual dinner on Friday evening in the Sports Bar, including Halliday rated wines
• Four-course dining experience at Lost Farm Restaurant matched with highly rated Halliday wines
• Boutique spirit tasting on site
• Breakfast and lunch daily (Saturday and Sunday)
• Prizes for Halliday Barnbougle Cup winners
Prices start from $1350 per person twin share – single share packages also available.
COVID-19 cancellation policy:
Should travel be impacted due to closure of borders please inform the Barnbougle team of your travel intentions as soon as possible. Should you need cancel your reservation at any time due to COVID-19, all cancellation fees will be waived.