Top 100 Best Australian Wines
The Top 100 includes an overview of the year in wine, looking at the major trends and the key issues facing grape growers and winemakers. The Top 100 is first published in The Australian in November and is available on Wine Companion at the same time.
Below are all of James' Top 100 wines, dating back to 2016. Here are some highlights from the best Australian wines for this year across all categories.
Best Australian Wines
- Xanadu, DJL Shiraz, Margaret River, 2015
- Oakridge, Over the Shoulder Rose, Yarra Valley, 2017
- Peter Lehmann, Portrait Riesling, Eden Valley, 2016
- Lightfoot and Sons, Home Block, Chardonnay, Gippsland 2015
- Yarra Yering, Dry Red No. 1, Yarra Valley, 2015
- De Bortoli, Melba Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Yarra Valley, 2015
- Hoddles Creek Estate, 1er Yarra Valley Pinot Noir, Yarra Valley, 2015
- Tahbilk, Marsanne, 1927 Vines, Nagambie Lakes, 2011
- Scotchmans Hill, Chardonnay, Bellarine Peninsula, 2016
- Josef Chromy Wines, Vintage Sparkling, Northern Tasmania, 2011
- Bay of Fires, House of Arras EJ Carr Late Disgorged Sparkling, Northern Tasmania, 2003
- Larry Cherubino, Ad Hoc Wallflower Reisling, Great Southern, 2017