The first of the two vineyards of the business was established by Lexie and Michael Polin (and family) in 1997 near Denman, in the Upper Hunter. An additional 4ha was acquired in Pokolbin in 2003, and all of the wines have been produced from single-vineyard sites. The name was chosen to honour forebears Peter and Thomas Polin, who migrated from Ireland in 1860, operating a general store in Coonamble. Limb of Addy has a distinctly Irish twist to it, but is in fact a hill immediately to the east of the vineyard. Subsequent wine names directly or indirectly reflect movement to Australia by 19th-century migrants.