The history of Billy Pye Vineyard dates back to 1868 and colourful local character WH (Billy) Pye. His property contained the largest hill in the area, known locally as Billy Pye Hill. In 1997 Sandra Schubert, a fifth-generation Grasby, began to plant a vineyard on the northern slopes of Billy Pye Hill in partnership with John Bowley, leaving the top of the hill with the native vegetation Billy had loved. The wines are made from grapes grown on a small site on the eastern slopes of the vineyard. The Glengyle Red is named after a variety of apple developed by the Grasby family.
PO Box 229, Ashton, SA 5137
(08) 8390 1332