Scarpantoni has come a long way since Domenico Scarpantoni purchased his first vineyard in 1958. He worked for Thomas Hardy at its Tintara winery, then as vineyard manager for Seaview Wines, and soon became one of the largest private grapegrowers in the region. The winery was built in '79 with help from sons Michael and Filippo, who continue to manage the company. Michael and Filippo grew up on part of Oxenberry Farm, originally settled in 1840, and in 1998 were able to purchase part of the property. The Oxenberry wines are made in a different style from that of Scarpantoni, and are available only from its cellar door, at 24-26 Kangarilla Road, McLaren Flat. Exports to the UK and other major markets.