Sylvan Springs was established by the Pridmore family, whose involvement in grapegrowing and winemaking in McLaren Vale goes back four generations, spanning over 100 years. Cyril Pridmore established the Wattles Winery in 1896, and purchased Sylvan Park, one of the original homesteads in the area, in 1901. The original family land in the township of McLaren Vale was sold in '78, but not before third-generation Digby Pridmore had established vineyards (in '74) in Blewitt Springs. When he retired in '90, son David purchased the vineyard (planted to nine varieties) and Sylvan Springs Wines was born. Sylvan Springs was sold in '12, and is now owned and operated by Tony Yew. Tony has been involved in the wine industry for many years, adding Sylvan Springs to his successful wine business. Exports to the US, Canada, Denmark and China.
Brian Light (Consultant)
40 Blythmans Road, Blewitt Springs, SA 5171 (postal)
0447 744 755