The homestead that today is the home of Waterton Hall Wines was built in the 1850s. Originally a private residence, it was modified extensively in 1901 by well known neo-gothic architect Alexander North and ultimately passed into the ownership of the Catholic church from ’49–96. Together with various outbuildings it was variously used as a school, a boys’ home and a retreat. In 2002 it was purchased by Jennifer Baird and Peter Cameron and in ’15 passed into the family ownership of ‘one architect, one farmer, one interior designer, one finance director and one labradoodle’. Their real names are David and Susan Shannon, John Carter and Belinda Evans (the dog's name is Bert.) Susan and John are sister and brother. -JAMES HALLIDAY
Tamar Valley, Tasmania
Shiraz, Riesling, Viognier
Pop-up summer cellar door and by appointment.
Details are correct at time of writing
Please check winery website for up to date details
Swallow Liquor ph 0477505335