Observatory Hill Vineyard

Tasmania | Southern Tasmania

Our Review

Glenn and Chris Richardson's Observatory Hill Vineyard began in 1991,when Glenn and his late father-in-law Jim Ramsey planted the first of the 8500 vines that now make up the estate. Together with the adjoining property,owned by Chris's brother Wayne and his wife Stephanie, the vineyard now covers just over 3ha. The name ‘Observatory Hill' refers to the state's oldest observatory, which is perched on the hill above the vineyard.

Details

Rating
Winemaker Frogmore Creek (Alain Rousseau)
Established 1991
Dozens 1200
Vineyards (area) 3.1 ha
Opening Hours W'ends 10-5
Address 107 Centauri Drive, Mt Rumney, Tas 7170
Telephone (03) 6248 5380
Website www.observatoryhill.com.au