In 1856 English immigrant Edward Bond purchased land in the Maldon area, then an adjoining property in 1871. Here he established the ?Grange Hill? winery and vineyard, which flourished in the 1880s, leading to the establishment of a second winery and vineyard. It disappeared in the 20th century, but in 1994 Russell Clarke and Angelina Chaperon bought the property and began replanting the vineyard and restoring the old winery buildings. They have chosen to bypass irrigation and practise organic viticulture in growing 1ha each of bush vine grenache and mourvedre, and 2ha of trellised shiraz, plus a small amount of viognier. The cellar door, located in the township of Maldon, doubles as a specialist chocolate shop.
7 days 10.30-5
39 Main Street, Maldon, Vic 3463
(03) 5475 1150