Baileys of Glenrowan
The Baileys winemaking story began in the 1860s, when Richard Bailey and his young family arrived in
As the goldfields dried up and the miners moved on, the Bailey family turned to farming and settled on a property which they named "Bundarra" near Glenrowan.
The Baileys planted one of the district’s first vineyards.
In 1870, Richard and his son Varley proudly produced their first vintage but the family were soon devastated by the outbreak in the 1890s of phylloxera. This tiny parasite kills vines and it had a devastating effect on
Once the phylloxera scourge had passed, the Bailey family replanted their vines in 1904 on phylloxera-resistant rootstock. The original 1904 Block, planted with
Today, Baileys of Glenrowan is known for their long living reds and equally outstanding fortified wines.
7 days 10-5
779 Taminick Gap Road, Glenrowan, Vic 3675
|Telephone / Fax||
(03) 5766 1600
(03) 5766 2596