2018 Granite Hills Gruner Veltliner
Winemaker says: Relatively new to Australia, this intriguing varietal was selected and planted at our Family Vineyard due to its viticultural link with riesling, and renowned success in the cool and often granite-soil homeland of Austria. A great food wine, enjoy its hearty aromatics of stone fruit, lovely rounded palate, and fresh spicy finish.
RRP $25 | 2024 | Granite Hills
NV Hanging Rock Macedon Cuvee XVI
Winemaker says: The palate is simultaneously full flavoured and yet dry; crisp, yet balanced. In short, it is the wine of our dreams – a great Australian sparkling wine!
RRP $50 | 2024 | Hanging Rock
2018 Lyons Will Gamay
Winemaker says: Designed to be fresh and young in expression, this wine has vibrant fruit characteristic with the subtle tannin that gamay is known for. Of this wine, 40 per cent is made through semi-carbonic maceration, whilst the other 60 per cent is fermented in a more modern, whole-berry style. All solids are basket pressed and combined once they see through nine months in French barriques. This gamay expresses the deliciousness of the variety, while showing off the uniqueness of the climate and region.
RRP $39 | 2028 | Lyons Will Estate
Find everything you need to know about the Macedon Ranges in our essential guide.
This article was produced by Halliday Wine Companion in partnership with Granite Hills, Hanging Rock, and Lyons Will Estate.