Palmers Wines

New South Wales | Hunter Valley

Our Review

The name of the vineyard and that of the lane on which it is established came from Henry Palmer, who arrived in 1862. Three generations of the family continued to work the 40-ha property as a mixed farming enterprise, but when the last (William) died in the 1970s, the property was to all intents and purposes abandoned. Purchased in 1986, the new owners set about rebuilding the original Palmer homestead, which now serves as the cellar door, and establishing 2.6 ha of vineyard (chardonnay, verdelho, semillon and shiraz). Part of the production is sold.

Details

Rating


Winemaker Contract
Established 1986
Dozens NA
Vineyards (area) 0 ha
Viticulturist N/A
Opening Hours W'ends 10-5, or by appt
Address Lot 152 Palmers Lane, Pokolbin, NSW 2321
Telephone (02) 4998 7452
Website N/A