Neil Hahn Wines has a very long history. On 25 January 1839 Johann Christian Hahn and wife Maria Elizabeth left their home in Silesia to travel to SA on the sailing ship Catharina. They were among the earliest white settlers to arrive, and in 1846 Johann purchased 32ha of land in the Barossa Valley. In 1885 son Johann Christian II bought land of his own, situated on Light Pass Road. Mixed farming and viticulture were common and now, after being in the Hahn family for five generations, the Ebenezer Vineyard (19.6ha) is totally planted to shiraz and cabernet sauvignon, under the care and ownership of Neil and Sandy Hahn. The wines, contract-made by Mark Jamieson, overflow with luscious red and black fruit flavours and copious amounts of American oak. Exports to Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Korea.