The origins of Heathvale go back to 1865, when William Heath purchased the property, building the homestead and establishing the vineyard. The wine was initially made in the cellar of the house, which still stands on the property (now occupied by owners Trevor and Faye March). The vineyards were re-established in 1987 and consisted of shiraz, cabernet sauvignon, riesling, sagrantino and tempranillo. Between 2011 and '12 fundamental changes for the better took place - stylish new labels are but an outward sign of the far more important changes to wine style, with the winemaking now under the control of consultant Tony Carapetis (Quattro Mano) and the introduction of French oak. There are now 4.5ha of chardonnay, 4ha shiraz, 2ha cabernet sauvignon, 1.3ha riesling and 0.5ha sangiovese (1ha of tempranillo is planned to be replaced with shiraz in '20). Exports to China.